This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion Universal Devices Pollers Strange Behavior

Hello Everyone,

In order to have details on SSID effectively transmitted by ThinAP (which depends on the group in which the AP is into and on which Vlan are assigned to the group) I have assigned 3 tables to our WLC to get information that I'm going to use for a report.

That said, the OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.10.3.1.1 (bsnAPGroupsVlanMappingSsid) when assigned, doesn't get all the rows in the table, so in the database, I only have very few rows.

When 'tested' in the universal device pollers appliance, it works and gets all the row in the table (as visible from a mib browser for instance) but when assigned, in the db i only have 1 or 2 rows for each WLC.

I'll post a 'graphic' example because it will show this better than me trying to explain it:

This is the mib, tested inside the universal devices poller appliance:

pastedImage_2.png

as you can see I'm testing it on a WLC named HQ-WLC1-2.11 and it returns a lot of rows (notice also the scroll bar in that field)

This instead, is a query that gets the status of that poller, assigned to the same node:

pastedImage_3.png

Which it only takes the first two rows of the table showed during the 'testing' phase in universal device poller appliance

This is the first time I have such behavior with custom pollers, so maybe I'm missing something.

Any help will be apreciated though.

Thanks

• Hello Dave,

this will be most probably because that RowIDs are not sorted in the table.

- When we poll rows from table there is check that next OID has to be bigger than previous, otherwise poller could get into cycle.

To confirm this check log files with names like "NPM.Collector.Jobs_[NNNN].log" in c:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Logs\Orion\

- Try to find there line like

WARN  SolarWinds.Orion.Pollers.Framework.SNMP.SnmpHelper - OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.10.3.1.1.X.X.X is not heigher that OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.14179.2.10.3.1.1.Y.Y.Y and subtree is no longer valid though.

In Universal Device Poller application the table is complete, because it doesn't have this protection against cycles.

You may create support ticket, so we can track this issue and notify you after fixing the poller design.

Roman

• Thanks roman.tatar

I admit I can't find those logs (or something similarly named) but the table is indeed not ordered, rows ID are a bit of a mess if looked with a mib browser, and your answer explains well why I have only the first two rows.