Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: Orion Platform 2019.2 Hotfix 2 - Now Available

Thank you rschroeder for such a detailed analysis. I can't say for certain what was locking that file, but if it occurs again in the future open Resource Monitor on the machine, go to the "CPU' tab and enter in the name of the file under 'Associated Handles'. This should tell you the process that is locking that file.

pastedImage_0.png

As for your polling engines appearing 'down' in on the Orion Deployment Summary section for HA, this may be related to timezones. Ensure that the timezone is set the same on all APEs and matches that of the main Orion and SQL database server. This should be true regardless of the geographic location of those pollers.

Highlighted

Thank you for the info, Jeremy.  I'll work on capturing the hung process next time I see if it happen.

My APE's are all in the Central time zone, and configured that way.  They're not that far apart as the packet flies--just six milliseconds across and back over our 10G Wave, covering the driving distance of 240 miles (one way) between Duluth, MN and Fargo, ND.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

The Red APEs could also be an issue with short name resolution. Ensure that each APE can ping the short hostname of those servers. For example, from the main poller, drop to a cmd prompt and 'ping E-6ATD-SWNPM04'. Similarly, from the 'E-6ATD-SWNPM04' machine, open a cmd prompt and ping the short hostname of your main poller. If either of those doesn't work, then that's likely the reason why it's red.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Pinging the short name of either server, from either server, works successfully.  The reds must have some other cause.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

I'm assuming this supersedes HF1? I'm on 2019.2 no hot fix

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Correct. Hotfixes are cumulative. Meaning that all you need to do is install HF2 and you also receive all fixes from HF1.