This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion NPM v10.1.1 vCenter Monitoring

hi all,

I was hoping someone could help me with our questions regarding vCenter monitoring. We recently upgraded our NPM lab to v10.1.1 and would like to utilize the vCenter, Data Center, ESX Host Monitoring.

What vCenter / ESX Host Monitoring and or alerting is available via Orion? What is the added benefits of using Orion over vCenter besides the "single pain of glass"?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Matt

• Here is a good post to read on the new features in 10.1 around this.

We can poll either through vCenter or each ESX host individually.  If you go through vCenter we pull the cluster and data center information as seen in the above post I referenced.  All of the values and stats we pull can be alerted off of in the advanced alerts manager.  You can also configure VMWare to send Syslog for things like vMotion and alert off of those as well.

Let me know what other questions you have.

• Can someone provide the necessary steps involved with successfully discovering and adding a vCenter to Orion NPM v10.1.1?

thanks in advance,

Matt