This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion NPM Web page error: Solarwinds.ApiProxyFactory.TransientApiProxyException was thrown

Hi All,

As we try to execute the web console from start menu and getting attached screen shot error also when check services Traps and SysLog services permanently stopped and not starting even forcefully.

1544437195054.remmina-2019-7-17-5_10_34.901049.png

Please help.

Jawwad~

• I dont think it is related to Trap or Syslog services.

Please try to restart the services on MPE and AWS(if applied) and see.

If you are still facing the issue, then restart the server.

Let me know if you have already tried these steps.

Then need to check few logs before starting for website re-configuration.

• Just now saw that you have created another question reg the same and tried rebuilding website along with support ticket open.

• Thanks for suggestion. Yeah! I already tried that too and stuck on same condition. Please help as we are in black out of network monitoring.

• Yes! open a support ticket but getting wrorse responce only a single reply which tried from Thwack experts.

Author: Support Team - Technical Support Address [technicalsupport@solarwinds.com]

Recipient: jawwad.rizvi@1link.net.pk

Hi Mr. Jawwad,

Apologies for the late reply as I was already outside of the office when I received your reply.

Can you please perform the following on your Main Poller:
    - On the Orion Server, open the Orion Service Manager and click 'Shutdown Everything'

- Once all the services are stopped, go to Start and enter "services.msc"
    - Stop the IIS service (World Wide Publishing Service)

- When the service is already stopped, go  C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\
    - Go to the following locations and delete any folders under the folder of root (.NET cache):
            a. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root.
            b. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root.
            c. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root.
            d. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root.

- Delete everything under this directory if anything exist, leaving the folder root alone

- Start the IIS service on services.msc
    - On the Orion Services Manager, click "Start Everything"
    - Allow 15-20 minutes for the system to refresh
    - Check the web console and see if you will be able to login.

Please let me know if above provided steps works.

Kind Regards,
    Jeremy Aguete
    SolarWinds Technical Support
    My working hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm GMT+8 | Support helpline for 24x7 Support: https://www.solarwinds.com/company/contact-us

Please note that I am in the Manila office and my working hours are from 8am - 4pm GMT+8 Monday to Friday.
    We are a 24x7 operation and if your case needs immediate attention outside of my work hours please call the support helpline quoting your case number and one of our other offices will be able to assist you.

• Hi,

Same thing here jawwad05, almost.

Since upgrading to 2019.2 HF1 I´m getting wierd errors all the time aswell.

Created a case and did the rebuilding thing (which messed up our ssl binding), also did the thing in your post above.

I´m awaiting another HF that magiccally fixes everything.

//M

• Even after rebuilding the website you are facing same error, then try calling for them.

They might try checking the error logs, db connection erros, subscription errors, or re-install the microsoft dot net required for your current SW version and try again rebuilding the website during the call.

Mostly website should be up and running after rebuilding it.

Also i too heard there are lot of problems are going on in 2019 Orion platform. Let's hope if the hot fix stabilizes the environment.

• Make Sure your antivirus not blocking port/traffic.

• thanks alankar.srivastava​, i checked with Solarwind support and he said Okay for antivirus and send Diagnostics file just now.. now hope for the best. will share the result here as well.