This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion NPM Temperature Threshold

I have several Cico 3850 switches in NPM, and keep getting alerts on the temp exceeding the threshold. I know that the temperature is fine but want to increase the threshold in NPM. Is it possible in Orion, if so, how can it be done?

Running NPM v11.0.1

• I too have been having this issue with my Cisco 3850's and 3650's.  NPM shows them as exceeding the threshold but when you log into the switches and do a show environment, the temperatures show that they are will within an acceptable range (i.e. a 3650 shows inlet temp of 27 degrees Celsius with a yellow threshold of 41 and red of 56 while the ASIC Temp is 46 Degrees Celsius with a yellow threshold of 105 and red of 125).

• I talked to a solarwinds tech recently and they are allowing threshold adjustments in the new v12, which is in beta now. Looks like we have to hang tight until it’s released!

• Check with Cisco.  I have a bunch of 3850 and was informed that version 3.4.x has an issue with an OID that is reporting to SW.  They suggested either creating a custom poller to use another OID or upgrade the IOS on the switches.  I downloaded version 3.6.x but have not had a maintenance window to try and upgrade.

• Hello David,

Version 12 got released, do you have any idea about this. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Raaga

• That feature has been out for a couple years now,

Change the hardware threshold values - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

As mentioned in other parts of this old thread, some versions of Cisco code were reporting bad thresholds through SNMP, so now I always have to verify when something has a nonsense threshold by running an SNMP walk against the device to make sure it is reporting the same thing in SNMP as it does on the CLI.  You can manually tell solarwinds to ignore the SNMP values and use whatever you want, but I try to fix the root cause when possible instead of bandaging over it in the monitoring tool.