This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion NPM 9.5 Custom Web Reports Error

FormerMember
FormerMember

I did a test upgrade of an Orion NPM 9.1 SP5 server to 9.5. The upgrade went well, but I get errors like the one below when I try to view my existing custom reports.

The "Advanced Alerts " resource is missing.
The file /Orion.NetPrefMon/Resources/Reports/Report.ascx is not found.

The Orion server seems to be picking up an invalid location for Report.ascx ie Orion.NetPrefMon instead of Orion.NetPerfMon.

Any ideas on how I can correct this?

Ade

• The quick and dirty way to fix this is to edit the database using the database manager.  In the table "Resources" you will see under "ResourceFile" "/Orion.NetPrefMon/...."  you need to change that to "/Orion/NetPerfMon/...." 

There are a number to correct but after you change that it should fix your issue. 

• lekeosi,

When you say "Advanced Alerts resource is missing" where are you expecting to see it? Did you have a resource that disappeared or are you missing the option of adding the resource?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to JohnMartinich

Hi John,

I had a resource that disappeared.

I just tried lasher's recommendation and that seems to have fixed the problem. I changed the Orion.NetPrefMon part of the text to Orion/NetPerfMon

Thanks lasher.

• I'm having the same problem with a resource on my home page that pulls in a report.  I get the same error of report.ascx is not found for my resource.  I had two entries in my DB resource table that showed orion.netprefmon and I change the "." for a "/" and it didn't work for me.

I do have my website installed on a different drive than the SW program, but it has never been an issue for any other upgrades over the past several years.

I have a case open with support, but just wanted to post that the above fix may not work for everyone with that error.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to BakerD

Change the '.' to a '/' isn't the only change to make.  It's also necessary to correct the 'netprefmon' to 'netperfmon'.

Another solution, if you're not comfortable heading into the DB is to remove the resource from the view and re-add it.

• Change the '.' to a '/' isn't the only change to make.  It's also necessary to correct the 'netprefmon' to 'netperfmon'.

Another solution, if you're not comfortable heading into the DB is to remove the resource from the view and re-add it.

Ahhh, totally missed that.  Now my report resource shows up on my homepage as it used to, yeah :).  Thanks

One issue down, more to go :(.