cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Orion JIRA integration

hanks for this. I am struggling to get this to work. I have SSO enabled in my environment, so not sure if that is causing issues with my setup. Also where is the log file located as I can not seem to find it to help troubleshoot?

***EDIT***

I found the log file and was able to get things semi-working. The issue I am having, is it is erroring out on my fields. I set the settings in the settings.json, but they seem to not be working. Below is the error I receive. Also it seems everytime the the service is restarted it creates a new WebHook as well.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Looks like derhally has not logged in since September, so this may be obsolete at this point? Has any body else been able to get the field assignment to work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Hi,

Reviving this old(ish) tread.

This sounds really interesting to me and my current environment.

What is the status of this project?  any updates to the code version?  any idea if/when an RC version could be ready?

Thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I would be very interested in this as well. Wondering if there was any release of this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

bump

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

This seems really cool.  I would love to see something like this but for ServiceNow Event Management.  We have the ServiceNow Incident Management but we can't use the SolarWinds Integration feature because we use SNOW Event Management in between our monitoring systems and our Incident Management system to help control the noise as well as to correlate events from multiple monitoring systems into a single related incident.  It would be even more awesome if the SolarWinds/ServiceNow integration included an option for users that also own the Event Management module, but I would honestly just like a way to subscribe our SNOW Event Management system to SolarWinds.

Currently we are using a custom powershell script I wrote that is triggered by an alert.  The script forwards all of the alert and object details to SNOW Event Management, but this is cumbersome and hard to administer.  The normal way that ServiceNow Event Management integrates with SolarWinds is to query the SolarWinds events table every two minutes, but our events table is massive, so having that large SQL/SWQL query performed every 2 minutes wreaks havoc on our DB performance.  Plus, it means up to two minutes can pass before Event Management is aware of issues.  Lastly, it means that we can't control what kinds of events get sent to Event Management.  Using the PowerShell script through alert actions at least gives us control over what gets sent to Event Management, but like I said, it's a real pain as well.  I really wish we could just use the Alert Integration piece at the bottom of the Alerts configuration page to control what goes to Event Management.

Is there any way that the SolarWinds research team could at least post the source code for this Jira module?  I wouldn't mind taking a crack at creating my own integration service, but I'm not really sure where to start.  Looking at the code for this Jira service would be super helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Is your script vanilla enough to share? I'd like to take a look at it since we're going through the preliminary steps of SNow integration today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Unfortunately right now it's not, sorry.  Also it is overly complex making it a massive pain anytime we want to make changes to it and especially when needing to alert on a new object type.  I'm actually working on a much simpler script that will automatically send the proper variables based on the object type to ServiceNow so that whenever we want to alert on a new object type I don't have to create the massive list of argument names and Orion variables like I do right now.

If I can pull this new method off it should be easily shareable and useful.  We'll see.

Highlighted
Level 12

Thanks for the update. If you get it to the point where you can share it, let me know. I'd love to look at it, and maybe save me some heartburn.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

1. If I don’t have any jira admin access but as the user, I have access the creation ticket. So use that credentials technically it should be generated ticket right?

2. I didn’t get how actually you define Orion “Alert“ with Jira “Key”. Can you please help me if I use Solarwinds default “Nodes Down” what should I set  "EventsToListenFor": [ ] Should I put the SolarWinds “Alert ID” or "Alet name"?

3. And how do you check the log?

Thank you for your time and help. Appreciate.

0 Kudos