This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion Feature Request: Alerting based on Map Status

I would like to have the ability to alert based on map status.  As I understand it, the developers are working hard on the next version to add the ability to add APM Applications to maps.  It would be nice to be able to get alerts based on a group of applications and/or hardware.  Currently this can only be done by setting up alerts for the pieces instead of the whole system. 

It would be nice to be able to place a complete system on a map and be able to alert on the system as a whole (i.e. based on the map status). 

Thanks,

David

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Do you really want it based on map status?  Or are you just asking for a container that can contain mulitple applications, with alerts, reports, etc. based on the status of that container.

• Hi Denny, 

That's an interesting concept.  One one hand, a map could be considered a type of container.  On the other hand, logical groupings could be created that contains different types of objects.

Is there any reason why we couldn't have both, with a map just being seen as a type of container? For that matter, when you create a map, a container could be created automatically and populated with all of the objects that you place on the map.  The container would synch itself with any object changes to the map. 

You would end up with auto containers based on maps and user created containers.  Both of which coud be used for alerting, reporting, etc. based on the status.

David

• Hi there,

Is the ability collect the status for a group of objects part of the product yet?  Any update on this?  I thought this feature existed.

Thanks!