cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Orion Database size reduction problem

Has anyone had problems reducing the size of the databse using the utilities supplied? I have reduced my polling rate and retention period drastically, and after I apply the settings and run the database utilities the size is still the same.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 7

No, when I tried to run nightly maintenance the first message I recieved was "Error Completing task" and then it would move on. I was finally able to free some space, but only after adjusting the retention period to 1 day for everything and then reruning nightly maintenance and reduce database size tasks. Even after that it tells me there is no free space, but the total db size is much smaller.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Does the error look like this?

" [Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 1101: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not allocate new page for database 'NetPerfMon'. There are no more pages available in filegroup PRIMARY. Space can be created by dropping objects, adding additional files, or allowing file growth. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The statement has been terminated."

I upgraded to full SQL server to fix this because my MSDE db was 1.99GB.
0 Kudos