This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion Alerts - Unmanaged Status

FormerMember
FormerMember

I would like to get alerts when a node is set to Unmanaged Status.

I have my grouping by Country > City > Building > Comments (Servers).

I would like the alert to be triggered when a Server in a particular City is set to Unmanaged Status.

I setup a trigger condition that looks like this but it is not working. I have multiple servers in this City but when I unmanage one or two servers, I don't get any email alerts.

Trigger alert when all of the following apply

Country is equal to USA

City is equal to New York

Node Status is equal to Unmanaged

Your help is much appreciated.

Emil

• Hi,

this type of alert is possible, but you need to have version Orion NPM 10.3 and define Basic Alert (advance alerts are suppressed once Node is in "Unmanaged" state). Definition of Basic Alerts is a bit different, but you can defined same conditions with suppression. Please see "Configuring Basic Alerts"

Thanks

ET;

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to ET

ET,

I created a Basic Alert with these settings:

- Property to Monitor > Node Status - Status

- Monitored Network Objects > I selected one server

- Alert Trigger > Trigger Alert when Status is "Unmanage" > Reset Alert when Status is "Up"

- Time of Day > default - all selected

- Alert Suppression > Do not configure Alert Suppression for this Alert

- Actions > Send email to my email address.

I logged in to Orion Web Console and set the server to Unmanaged Status but I still DID NOT get an email alert. I do have NPM 10.3 installed. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

• just checking, do you have enabled basic alerts? There's CheckBox option in Basis Alert manager application "Disable All Actions", which is enabled by default. Have you tried to fire test alert?

• FormerMember

Yes, I have it enabled and I when I created my Basic Alert, I tried the Test alert and I received the email notification.

• This is weird.  Now it's question whether alert was triggered, but failed send email ( I saw that, with some security issue under SYSTEM account) or it doesn't work at all. Please check Active Alerts and Events site, whether you can find information about fired alert.

In case you don't find this information, please open a support ticket, upload diagnostic and post here ticket number.

Thanks

ET;

• FormerMember

ET,

I checked the Events Site and saw an entry that the node changed to Unmanaged status but I did not get the email alert notification. When I tried to do the  Test, I received the email. I know the email alerts works because I get emails when the other alerts are triggered. Only this alert (Unmanage alert) is not working.

• Hi emilantonio,

If you haven't already, please open a support ticket so we can get a better look at this.  Please post back here with your ticket # and keep us updated with your progress.

Thanks,

DH

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to danielleh

I opened a ticket with Support - Case #364018 - "Orion Alerts not working"

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I just got off the phone with Support and they said that this is a bug in NPM 10.3. They will submit this case to the developers and hopefully it will be fixed in the next release.

• I checked your diagnostic quickly and your basic alerts are disabled global. Please open Basic Alert Manager and enable it.