This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion Alert Manager

Hi All

I am working on setting up PagerDuty service for alert notification via SMS/voice/email etc. PagerDuty provides the trigger actions and reset actions for the alerts via HTTP post.

My challenge is that the SolarWinds server sits behind a firewall and a proxy server that requires user authentication.

My question is...do you know of anyway to configure the proxy server details (server IP, ports, username and password) within Alert Manager or NPM?

Thanks in advance,

Adam

• This is the alert test output:

2/09/2014 12:45:41 PM:Initiating test for alert PagerDuty Alert Test.
    2/09/2014 12:45:41 PM:Retrieved 1 actions for alert PagerDuty Alert Test.
    2/09/2014 12:45:41 PM:Preparing action type GetURL to test alert PagerDuty Alert Test.
    2/09/2014 12:47:05 PM:Alert PagerDuty Alert Test: Encountered error in GET action. - Unable to connect to the remote server
    2/09/2014 12:47:05 PM:Action type GetURL for alert PagerDuty Alert Test failed to complete successfully.
    2/09/2014 12:47:05 PM:Completed action type GetURL for alert PagerDuty Alert Test.
    2/09/2014 12:47:05 PM:Completed test for alert PagerDuty Alert Test.

It is failing to connect to remote server as I need to specify the proxy server configuration.