This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion Advanced Alert Email Importance

FormerMember
FormerMember

I am using Orion 9 and have configured advanced alerts for when a router goes down.  One of the actions is to send me an email alert.  How can I set this action so that it will send the alert with high importance?

Thanks,

Gene

• I would also like to see a solution for this.  Gene and I can’t be the only people interested in this.

• I agree.  We get so many Orion email alerts, that by mid afternoon, they all start looking the same.  These email alerts are for expected events, such as high circuit utilization, high CPU, an avalance of UnDP alerts, etc.

It would be great if somehow there was an option to select importance.  For instance, when a router goes down, it would be great if that email alert came through in nice bright red lettering, so even MGMT can tell there is an issue. 

This task sounds tricky as there are mulitple email vendors, and not everyone is using Microsfot mail.  

• Almost sounds like you're asking for support of HTML mail support in alerts.

• Not sure exactly what you want to call it.  How about just like in Outlook when you select High Importance and then when you receive the message it has the red explanation mark.  It would be much easier from my Mobile to alert differently on an High Importance message.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one that really wanted to see a possibility for differentciating an Orion Alert.  Like the last poster, I get a lot of alerts that I do want to get, but when something is happening and I am getting a lot of informational alerts, I would like the ones I have designated as really important to have that alert sent with high importance.

Something that would differentiate itself from the masses.  I am playing with using a differnet sender for the really high importance alerts so that my email program or cell phone can have a rule that automatically flags the messages from that sender.  Not the best solution since some of the mail programs can't do this or may block as spam etc.