This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion 9 - Site Login Text: Length Limitation?

So the upgrade to Orion NPM 9 went swimmingly for me, though now it seems like everyone is finding the bugs.

One I've noticed is that it appears there's a limitation of some kind in the length of the Site Login Text option (New Feature, under Web Console Settings). I work for a Government organization, so naturally my site disclaimers are quite long and detailed, but I can only seem to get the first paragraph in.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Cheers,

Grant

• That field is limited to 255 characters. If you have more than a few sentences, I recommend you just put a link to the full text somewhere else. You can use normal html tags (<a href="...">...</a>) in that field.

• That field is limited to 255 characters. If you have more than a few sentences, I recommend you just put a link to the full text somewhere else. You can use normal html tags (<a href="...">...</a>) in that field.

Well, I can understand that standard limitation (I would have done the same thing, maybe) but that still creates some more work for me - so it's kinda lame.

Thanks,

Grant

• Grant,

Since it supports HTML, you might try inserting your disclaimer as an iframe that loads another page.

• Since it supports HTML, you might try inserting your disclaimer as an iframe that loads another page.

Actually, that's exactly what I did. A workaround to something I don't think I should have to do necessarily, but I'm okay with it. I understand both sides of the situation, just depressed that a feature I've wanted in the past still doesn't work perfectly for me :-)

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to tdanner

That field is limited to 255 characters. If you have more than a few sentences, I recommend you just put a link to the full text somewhere else.

We are a government agency and having only a link won't fly with the auditors.  They insist the "go to jail" text must be visable on the site logon page.  Otherwise, in the case of a breach, they say it opens the door for the lawyers.  We have a 489 char (w/spaces) of "go to jail" mumbo-jumbo legal text required by State security policy.  We'd like to see the text expanded to at least 500 chars which would satisfy our policy requirement.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

No promises, but we'll see what we can do.

• Really, the iFrame is a good temporary solution. It looks no different and would satisfy the audit compliance of any government agency. I've already loaded this up on our server, and works flawlessly. Good luck!

Cheers,

Grant

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to grantsewell

What iFrame code did you use?

When I tried it, it started dominoing hundered of iframe windows....

<iframe
    src ="/Banner/banner.html"
    width="100%">
    </iframe>

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Disregard.....  I figured out what I was doing wrong.

Thank you.

• With the release of NPM 9 Service Pack 2, this issue has been corrected:

The size of the custom text field below the Orion Web Console login has been expanded to contain up to 3500 characters.