cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Orion 9 - Site Login Text: Length Limitation?

So the upgrade to Orion NPM 9 went swimmingly for me, though now it seems like everyone is finding the bugs.

One I've noticed is that it appears there's a limitation of some kind in the length of the Site Login Text option (New Feature, under Web Console Settings). I work for a Government organization, so naturally my site disclaimers are quite long and detailed, but I can only seem to get the first paragraph in.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Cheers,

Grant

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Level 9

With the release of NPM 9 Service Pack 2, this issue has been corrected:

The size of the custom text field below the Orion Web Console login has been expanded to contain up to 3500 characters.

0 Kudos
Level 19

That field is limited to 255 characters. If you have more than a few sentences, I recommend you just put a link to the full text somewhere else. You can use normal html tags (<a href="...">...</a>) in that field.

0 Kudos
Level 14

That field is limited to 255 characters. If you have more than a few sentences, I recommend you just put a link to the full text somewhere else.

We are a government agency and having only a link won't fly with the auditors.  They insist the "go to jail" text must be visable on the site logon page.  Otherwise, in the case of a breach, they say it opens the door for the lawyers.  We have a 489 char (w/spaces) of "go to jail" mumbo-jumbo legal text required by State security policy.  We'd like to see the text expanded to at least 500 chars which would satisfy our policy requirement.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Really, the iFrame is a good temporary solution. It looks no different and would satisfy the audit compliance of any government agency. I've already loaded this up on our server, and works flawlessly. Good luck!

Cheers,

Grant

0 Kudos
Level 7

What iFrame code did you use?

When I tried it, it started dominoing hundered of iframe windows....

<iframe
src ="/Banner/banner.html"
width="100%">
</iframe>

0 Kudos
Level 7

Disregard.....  I figured out what I was doing wrong.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Level 19

No promises, but we'll see what we can do.

0 Kudos
Level 9

That field is limited to 255 characters. If you have more than a few sentences, I recommend you just put a link to the full text somewhere else. You can use normal html tags (<a href="...">...</a>) in that field.

Well, I can understand that standard limitation (I would have done the same thing, maybe) but that still creates some more work for me - so it's kinda lame.

Thanks,

Grant

0 Kudos
Level 9

Grant,

Since it supports HTML, you might try inserting your disclaimer as an iframe that loads another page.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Since it supports HTML, you might try inserting your disclaimer as an iframe that loads another page.

Actually, that's exactly what I did. A workaround to something I don't think I should have to do necessarily, but I'm okay with it. I understand both sides of the situation, just depressed that a feature I've wanted in the past still doesn't work perfectly for me 🙂

0 Kudos