This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion 9.5SP5 Still Polling deleted node.

Hello,

My NPM server is still trying to poll a device/node which was removed from node manager

many months ago. There is no mention of the device or its IP address anywhere in the node

manager.

I have even taken the drastic step to search for the device/IP address directly from with-in

the MS SQL mgmt studio. Neither the device name nor its IP address are mentioned anywhere

in any of the records in the DB. Yet for some reason Orion still keeps trying to poll the device.

I have installed SP5, started/restarted the services multiple times, rebooted the server multiple

times, ran the configuration wizard multiple times, compatced the DB, just about EVERYTHING.

However nothing seems to work.  The device in question is a Cisco Wireless controller if that helps

any.

Since I can't seem to stop NPM from polling this device, I have resorted to firewalling the server

from accessing that IP address. This is the only way to stop the traffic.