Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Orion 2020.2 installer

Jump to solution

Hi Thwack Community,

I just want to know if I am the only one that is experiencing issues with the installer for Orion 2020.2.  After launching the installer, every time I mouse over anything in the installer that the words increase in size making near impossible for me to select the necessary buttons or on the EULA page to check the I agree button.  Is there something that I can do to stop this from happening or do I need to open a ticket with support or is this a known issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Can you adjust the resolution at all in your RDP sessions? If you are in an Online environment, I would recommend using the Centralized Upgrades through the Web-UI.  If you are in an offline, you can run the installer on the Primary, and then access the Web-UI and complete the rest of the upgrade through Centralized Upgrades.  With the new Service Release - 2020.2.1, you can actually Pre-Stage files even when offline.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager
Your screenshots actually suggest that your RDP session is below the minimum resolution required for the installer
0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

@hallstev5 Do you happen to be using Internet Explorer? Have you tried a different browser?

0 Kudos

@jblankjblank

I'm not sure how the browser would make a difference.  This is after i have downloaded the installer and run it locally from my server.  This would be contained within installer executable.

Here are images of what i am talking about.

The Annotation Image:  I just clicked inside the installer window.

SLW - Zoomed: This is what it went to after i moved the mouse around.

Thanks

0 Kudos

@hallstev5 You are right - I assumed this was being done from centralized upgrades in the web UI. Are you running the offline installer in this case?

0 Kudos

Yes, in both case i used the stand alone installer for the initial install on my QA application server.  I was under the impression it should have upgraded both the primary and additional poller.  Found out it didn't do the poller so i just did the stand alone upgrade for the poller.

0 Kudos

Can you adjust the resolution at all in your RDP sessions? If you are in an Online environment, I would recommend using the Centralized Upgrades through the Web-UI.  If you are in an offline, you can run the installer on the Primary, and then access the Web-UI and complete the rest of the upgrade through Centralized Upgrades.  With the new Service Release - 2020.2.1, you can actually Pre-Stage files even when offline.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

@jblankjblank  @aLTeReGo  I was under the assumption that when you set the resolution of the RDP session to use full screen that the resolution of the session is whatever the resolution is set on the local monitor that that RDP session is running on.  I rdp'd back into my QA application server with a set resolution instead of full screen, at didn't have the issue.  I guess i will need to make sure that i specify a resolution before RDPing into the server that i want to do the installation on.  Thanks for your help.