cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

Orion 2016.2 high availability.

Good afternoon.

I have been looking at two applications for a DR solution.  One is the failover environment and the other is something very similar: High availability.  I have been doing some research on this and have some questions on users that have this:

As you can see from the diagram below, I would like the environment to look as such, so that if the environment fails over, we still have data going to a badkup SQL server.  But I am wondering (while speaking to solarwinds right now) Will the database failover too, or will it stay in the primary site?

Any information (While I continue to search) would be appreciated.

to post.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 13

2nd revision.png

Just to add clarity.

Level 13

2nd revision.png

0 Kudos
Level 13

0 Kudos
Level 13

I've seen that, but I find it shocking that Orion has not developed a solution to migrate your database, which is pretty much your bread and butter to your monitoring environment.  I am aware that SQL or other database applications have this solution in place (eg clustered) but what about if, as an example you ideally need as above the following solution?  Due to security reasons or technical reasons?

The company that I work for can't be the only one who has had this problem.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Migrating your DB is on you. It's not really part of the product per se.  You could be utiliizing the data in other areas.  Then the following solution above should be sharing data from the primary to the secondary. If you aren't already syncing the db across some sort of link, you will have issues data won't match.  depends also how big and how important your build is.

0 Kudos