This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Open view in NOC mode on startup. Auto login.

I have seen discussions about this but haven't found something that works for me yet.

I have a Linux (Ubuntu) PC that I want to set up to run a monitor screen (just an information screen). Ideally I want it to auto-login at startup.

So in my autostart settings I have been trying:

/usr/bin/google-chrome-stable --start-fullscreen server-name.uk/.../Login.aspx

Google starts ok but I just get the Login screen.

I also tried:

/usr/bin/google-chrome-stable --start-fullscreen server-name.uk/.../SummaryView.aspx

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't want to get into mucking around with setting up Views/changing account settings... mainly because I'm not an Orion administrator and the chap who is is very busy! So if there's a simple way to do it via URL it would be great. (The view has been created for the user I am logging in as)

It seems like pasting this URL into the browser bar works as I want it to:

servername.uk/.../Login.aspx

But if I run from the command line it just goes to the login screen:

/usr/bin/google-chrome-stable --start-fullscreen server-name.uk/.../SummaryView.aspx

So maybe I'm missing a command line option?

Any help much appreciated.

Guy