cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Open BMC Remedy Ticket w/o e-mail

Jump to solution

I have been tasked with finding a way to open a ticket in Remedy without using e-mail (incoming mail is not enabled).

My thougth was to send the alert details to a text file via Remedy, parse that text file every few mins using a scheduled task to create a Oracle SQL script to then insert the values into a Remedy staging table.

I am thinking there has to be an easier way that has already been done- anybody had to do this before with an example to share?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 10

I have my OrionNPM integrated with Remedy via RPC successfully!

(How to an OrionNPM Alert can create a new ticket in Remedy Help Desk)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 10

I have my OrionNPM integrated with Remedy via RPC successfully!

(How to an OrionNPM Alert can create a new ticket in Remedy Help Desk)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

is it bidirectional flow using RPC?

0 Kudos

I have been working with clients recently, who have BMC installations. While I have not integrated directly into Remedy, instead going via BMC, which then feeds into Remedy, SNMP Traps are an option, as is the use of MSEND, which can be invoked via the Command Line action.

This app sends in RFC 1312 protocol format, which BMC can readily receive. There are plenty of posts about this on the BMC forum.

http://developer.bmc.com/communities/search.jspa?q=msend+AND+remedy&resultTypes=BLOG_POST&resultTypes=DOCUMENT&resultTypes=MESSAGE&resultTypes=BLOG&resultTypes=COMMUNITY&resultTypes=SOCIAL_GROUP&resultTypes=COMMENT&peopleEnabled=true&dateRange=all&communityID=2752&username=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

The following is an example of a command line string which is working well:

E:\Solarwinds\mSend\msend.exe -n @<bmc-server-address>:1827#mc -a ORION_EVENT -r CRITICAL -b mc_host=${NodeID};mc_host_address=${IP} -m "${NodeName} has changed state to ${status}"

There are issues using an IP for the server address, so use a host name, with either DNS or hosts file entry.

0 Kudos
Level 19

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can send an SNMP Trap or a Syslog to Remedy to open a ticket, and you can do that from Orion's alert engine.

0 Kudos