cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 10

Node maintenance for patching muting versus unmanage

Jump to solution

If I select mute alerts for a node and that node is part of an app monitor, will the mute also apply to the app monitor or do you have to UNMANAGE the node?

Also, if you UNMANAGE the node, do you have to go back into node management and manage it again?  I thought that it would automatically manage it when the schedule is done but I believe that when we did this before, I had to go back in and manage the nodes again.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

If you mute a node that an application monitor is assigned to, the application monitor will be muted as well.

shuth_0-1595298841439.png

shuth_1-1595298871904.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies

When you unmanage a node, it will re-manage the node if you chose a schedule to do so. It is possible to unmanage without specifying a date/time to re-manage.

And what happens if you MUTE a node that is part of an app mon?  Will the app monitor still alert if the node is muted?  I'm assuming the mute ONLY applies to the node and not the app monitor if the app monitor is looked at as a different object.

0 Kudos

If you mute a node that an application monitor is assigned to, the application monitor will be muted as well.

shuth_0-1595298841439.png

shuth_1-1595298871904.png

View solution in original post