This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Node down but want it to show as a warning vs critical

I have a bunch of nodes which are UPS'.  I have been asked that when they are powered off they are set to a warning status vs critical.  How can I do this?  Is it the polling cycle that needs an adjustment or some other avenue to approach.  

• Node Status is determined by ICMP or SNMP response. Should a node stop responding it will 1st go to a warning state and being fast poling for 120 seconds, after which time if it fails to respond, will be marked as down. The warning interval can be configured globally only. A critical node is one that is reachable but has breached a threshold such as response time / CPU Load. 

To change the status of a node as you describe would require the use of the 'Set Custom Status' alert action.

alert action.png