This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Node can poll fine, statistics collecting fine, but still marked Down?

I have a Windows server with  the same Solarwinds configuration as all others, but it is marked Down. I can make SW poll it successfully with WMI, and I can ping the node from the Polling Engine. I can access the Real Time Event Log Viewer and the Services Control Manager and see current logs.

Is this usually a database or licensing issue?

• Have you tried re-adding the node ?

Why do you say licensing issue ? Do you have limited licenses and have you exceeded the count ?

Maybe a database issue, but cant confirm for sure unless additional information is provided.

• I'd suggest to check out polling settings for that server in node properties polling section, if there are proper settings for status polling and polling engine.

JaroslawLadyga_0-1607178243248.png

It looks weird and I don't think it is a db issue - then will be more problems with other nodes as well. Maybe polling IP address (check if it is not DHCP) or wrong credentials (i.e. domain admin used instead of local). You may also re-add the node to Orion to fix the issue.

• Have you tried doing continuous ping for the device which is having issue? Do you see any packet drop from your polling engine? There are chances that if database sync is not proper it might show down.

Also is it happening for other devices as well or only specific to a device.

• Thanks y'all. This issue hits a lot of nodes, but is transient, comes and goes. One workaround I found is changing my polling engine to another server.