This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Node Renaming Issue

I have a bunch of nodes that have been renamed (switches). The Node Name and the System Name in the Node Details are correct and agree with each other. However, when I get alerts regarding these nodes, the alerts use the old names still, and when I go to configure alerts all the devices (in the Monitored Network Objects) are listed under their old name only.

Do I have to delete the old node and rediscover the node under the new name to get this to work? I don't want to lose the history associated with these objects.
  • I've got the same problem which I've been working w/ support@ when I've had a chance (which has been tough this week). I thought it was using the SystemName which is discovered from SNMP and that I was looking at a macro problem.

// Ian Underwood - Service Management
    // Level 3 Communications