cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Node Management and Reporting

Jump to solution

Hi All, I'm a new system admin in a company and I'm starting to learn Solar winds. I've been task to add missing Windows servers into Solar winds but I'm having a difficult time understanding what has already added and what hasn't already been added. So I have just added a Server01 and can see it if I search for it via the top right Search box, I can also confirm that if I was to use the Filters > generic > Node. I can see it there with the details. Now if I go to Reports and select the predefined "All Nodes" report which Reports on (Node) Where (Node ID) {is not empty} I would expect this to list all nodes including the Server01 in Solar winds, however this isn't the case, I actually don't see half the things I expect to see there. Can anyone advise if this is how Solar winds is suppose to behave and I have missed a step or is my Solar winds broken? I would assume the node ID is the ### in the address bar when you browse to the Server (NetObject=N:####), If not how can I verify what the node ID is?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 9

Hi tgk,

You can use the SolarWinds database manager on your main polling engine.

There you will find your SolarWinds database and the Nodes table (View).

If you use Query Table ..., all monitored devices will be found independently of ICMP, SNMP, and Agent added through the NPM.

There you will find the NodeID, in connection with IP address, DNS, Caption .....

Or you can create a custom report for all nodes in the SolarWinds Report Manager dashboard and add any fields you want to display. (NodeID, Caption, DNS, IP Address....)

Kind regards

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Level 9

Hi tgk,

You can use the SolarWinds database manager on your main polling engine.

There you will find your SolarWinds database and the Nodes table (View).

If you use Query Table ..., all monitored devices will be found independently of ICMP, SNMP, and Agent added through the NPM.

There you will find the NodeID, in connection with IP address, DNS, Caption .....

Or you can create a custom report for all nodes in the SolarWinds Report Manager dashboard and add any fields you want to display. (NodeID, Caption, DNS, IP Address....)

Kind regards

View solution in original post

Hi Renek, Thank you for directing me to the database manager, I managed to fumble my way through it and I believe I now have a list of things I require. Cheers

0 Kudos
Level 7

Sorry I thought I should add that I have the V-man module installed and the the Server is a Virtual Machine. I can also see the server if I was to use the "All Windows VM" Report

0 Kudos

The all nodes report is for NCM which is why your server will not show up there.

pastedImage_0.png