This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Node Details

On the Nodes Details screen for my Servers there is a lot of information which I assume comes from the Mib2 entries however I can't seem to find where the entry for 'Hardware' comes from, I was hoping to run a report against this entry or do a search on it but I can't find where it comes from and can't find it anywhere in the database.

Could anyone tell me definitively where it is located please.

• There is a Success Center article here that explains how the Hardware field is populated:-

Success Center

• I have read the success center document and although this was very interesting I still don't know where I can find the Hardware entry that says 'Virtual, Host Unknown'  in my database.

I have looked in the Nodes table for the Server in question and although the document says the entry would be in the Nodes.EntityType it isn't that just says Orion.Nodes

I have also looked in the VIM_VirtualMachines table but this has no entries.

I now understand why I am getting that entry in the Hardware field but I still want to know where I can find the 'Virtual, Host Unknown' entry so I can do a search against it.

• kreases​ I think what it is saying is, the actual value of "physical" or "virtual" or whatever is showing on the node details page is not actually listed in the db. Instead, I think when the node details page is loading, it dynamically sets the value on the page depending on those factors mentioned in the link above.

• So basically I can't do a search or report on it because it is not in the database, ok thanks

• kreases​ Following that document, you should be able to get a fairly decent idea of what you have via a SWQL query... While I'm not certain this will always be 100% accurate, you could probably use something like this to get started.

SELECT
    n.NodeID
    ,n.Caption
    ,n.IPAddress
    ,n.Vendor
    ,n.EntityType
    ,CASE
        WHEN (n.EntityType = 'Orion.VIM.VCenters') THEN 'Virtual'
        WHEN (nmac.Hardware IS NULL) OR (n.EntityType IN ('Orion.VIM.Hosts')) THEN 'Physical'
        ELSE nmac.Hardware
    END AS Hardware

FROM Orion.Nodes AS n
    LEFT JOIN(
        SELECT DISTINCT NodeID, 'Virtual' AS Hardware--, MAC
        FROM Orion.NodeMACAddresses
        WHERE (MAC LIKE '0003FF%'
        OR MAC LIKE '000C29%'
        OR MAC LIKE '005056%'
        OR MAC LIKE '000569%'
        OR MAC LIKE '001C14%')

) AS nmac ON nmac.NodeID=n.NodeID

I've only looked over it for few moments, but it appears to be fairly accurate in my environment.

pastedImage_6.png

With a bit more time, you should be able to build out the SWQL query further, showing the same syntax as the document referenced above.

pastedImage_7.png

Thank you,

-Will