cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

No "Orion Objects" in Network Atlas?

Jump to solution

Can't open a support ticket right now because their system seems to not be working, so lets put this one to the group for now.

In Network Atlas, we're trying to get in to create some maps, which they haven't done much of at this company.  However, when we go in, I can add other maps to a map, "Orion Groups", but not any "Orion Objects".   This doesn't seem to be populating at all!   See screenshot below.

Just upgraded to 10.7, although I can't say for sure if it worked before that or not.

OrionObjects.jpg

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Got an answer from the support guys at Solarwinds.  Turns out we had a custom field that had a special character in it's name.   You should only use letters, number, "-" and "_" when creating special fields.   In our case someone had used a "#" which caused it to stop working.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

cnorborg‌ and shawn_b‌ i have run into a similar issue.

I removed all characters such as "/", ".", and "(space)" and restarted service with no results.

I have restarted the server with no results.

I have upgraded to NPM 11.5.2 with no result.

Restarted the Server again with no result.

Any other suggestions? 

I had this issue after upgrading Network Performance Manager. Fixed it by updating the version of Orion Network Atlas by downloading the latest version from NPMs GUI webpage under Network Summary (there was a link that said "Download Network Atlas"). I was using the older version 1.12.1007 and upgraded to 1.14.42. After I installed the new version everything worked again.

Got an answer from the support guys at Solarwinds.  Turns out we had a custom field that had a special character in it's name.   You should only use letters, number, "-" and "_" when creating special fields.   In our case someone had used a "#" which caused it to stop working.

View solution in original post

Really great info

Who would've thunk it ?

Definitely a thwack moment there

Level 12

Does the account you are login into Network Atlas start-up have Node Management rights?

NAU.JPG

Check the properties of the account

Node management rights.JPG

http://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/orion/docs/OrionNetworkAtlasAdminGuide.pdf

0 Kudos

Yes, definitely does have Node Admin rights. 

0 Kudos

shawn_b has a good suggestion.  Also try to right-click the app and choose run as admin.  Occassionally I have see that help.

0 Kudos