cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted

Re: Nexus 7k/5k/2k hardware monitor support

For all of my nexus devices it does indeed.

Highlighted
Level 17

Yes, if you are on NPM 11.5 i believe this thread is irrelevant to you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

I'm on 10.5 and will be upgrading soon just have to go through server migration first! Need to get this working correctly for a power supply test tomorrow though. I've managed to get enumeration to text working fine but still in the dark about how to map numbers (22,23,470,471etc) to readable values

oks.bmp

I've used the OID ent physical description: 1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.7 and this is describing the physical entities...(from MIB walk)

ENTITY-MIB    1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.7.470    entPhysicalName.470    OID_TYPE_STRING    PowerSupply-1

ENTITY-MIB    1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.7.471    entPhysicalName.471    OID_TYPE_STRING    PowerSupply-2

ENTITY-MIB    1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.7.534    entPhysicalName.534    OID_TYPE_STRING    "Fan Module-1"

I just need to know how to map test470 to PowerSupply-1? Do I need to combine 2 UnDPs?

Thanks very much for all the help so far! One other quick question when you (if you've) set up alerts based on these values do you base alerts on numeric value returned or what it is mapped to eg instead of alerting when value returned by UnDP is not equal to "2" alert when returned value is not equal to "OK" cahuntbluefunelemental

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

noobes

The Top part of the table should list all your table pollers. Check The Description, along with Status at least.

It looks like your table has only one poller checked.

Turn your other pollers into the Table pollers - so ALL are table pollers

you can DL and use these.. Nexus Device Tables . UnDP

But using these ;

ENTITY-MIB    1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.7.470    entPhysicalName.470    OID_TYPE_STRING    PowerSupply-1

ENTITY-MIB    1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.7.471    entPhysicalName.471    OID_TYPE_STRING    PowerSupply-2

ENTITY-MIB    1.3.6.1.2.1.47.1.1.1.1.7.534    entPhysicalName.534    OID_TYPE_STRING    "Fan Module-1"

Will give you readout of values in the 'Advanced Monitoring Details' Module - it is where your table pollers will also show - 8 Values, ect.

Once I have my pollers in place and they return values - I click EDIT on the Tabular Poller Table itself...

Uncheck the ALL - so ALL Rows are unchecked.  - Enable your FIND and type in the values.

I manually search for those values (to get to each row) - then check the box so it will display in the table.

Highlighted
Level 12

I have it all displaying correctly now in my web console, thanks so much for your advice!! As regard alerts I want to alert if the supplies are anything other than OK. Have you set these up before? Did you alert on 5the numeric value returned by custom poller or the mapped to value (word)? Thanks alot!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

I have a few simple alerts;  well three - change your status pollers in each one of these you create.

Property Type : Customer Node Table Poller

All conditions

-> Poller Name = PwrStat / FanStat / Operstat  (just 1 here, create 3 diff alerts)

-> Value <> 2   (since I use the numeric Value) -

ANY  (to catch catch all for my device - as i have a custom property 'Model' that gets filled in with Nexus)

-> Machine Type - contains - Nexus

-> Model - contains - Nexus

OR use another identifying factor in the way you name or arrange your Nodes... if not take out the ANY argument and use only the MAchine Type in the ALL Section.

You use the adjusted Value, so your argument may need to be <> 'OK' - or try using Numeric Value <> 2 -     - But its either Value, Rate or Numeric Value  ---- set your recipients of the alert to just YOU, until this is figured out!

0 Kudos
Level 17

I have a full setup - Physical Description, Serial #, Nexus Power Status, Operational Status, and also Fan Status.  ->  Nexus Device Tables . UnDP

I split these up with 3 table poller displays.

One for modules, 22-36

Power Supplies, 470-476 or so - but always sequential

Fans, 534 - 540 (i think it may go up to 542, but always sequential)

Follow this link to DL all 5 Tabular Pollers (They Also work and gather the same stats for MDS / SAN Switches Also) - MDS9500 series is what I have these pollers on also.

Nexus Device Tables . UnDP

NXOS-tables.png

So - the operational, and power measures gather just that - they do not pull the correct Serial # for the Fex's Hardware

This Table above is a 5K with some 2248's attached.  So the base - 22-36 5K modules. then it goes to the 998XXX  (XXX = FEX )  so 998112 , 998113 - for FEX Serial #'s (if you are doing inventory outside of NCM)

But for operational status the Row ID to choose for FEx is the 10200000022 , 103000022, 112000022 (the long ID's with mass 0's and starting with the FEX ID)   - ends with 22

Same for PS and Fan Status - start with FEX ID - end with 471,471,472...FOR Power Supply 

534 through 542 for FANs

I hope this helps.

Highlighted
Level 17

Sorry if I never answered this - but yes lots of research - Ton's of MIB Walks, and mulling over and matching up values - learning the industry and cisco details regarding the OID Address/Mapping has helped quite a bit ... But from the start it was pure mass 100K - 700K Lines of a spreadsheet from the MIB Walk.

It took some trial and error - some double checking and lots of time...

Highlighted
Level 11

I am trying to get this setup as well.  I have added the OIDs as UnDPs but am having a hard time getting my tabular display to look like yours.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Give a screenshot of your display, if able please.

0 Kudos