cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

New alert copied from out-of-the-box alert does not trigger

I copied the "Email me when a node goes down" alert, which is definitely working, and added a condition of 'Node category is equal to Network'.

All my network component have been assigned the Network category, but I'm only getting email alerts from the original out of the box alert, not the new one I created.

Is just 1 alert triggered as soon as it is matched? I'm thinking the out of the box alerts triggers and stops there.

Iain

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Level 12

Also to answer the question.  Yes, multiple different alerts will fire for the same node or sam monitor.

0 Kudos
Level 8

The alerts are definitely enabled OK. I did check C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Logs\Orion\ActionsExecution.log for emails that have been sent but there is nothing there, including emails from other alerts which is odd.

Thanks for the reply 

0 Kudos
Level 8

So the action has been triggered... Is it possible that the problem may be on your SMTP Server?

0 Kudos
Level 13

I would check to make sure a firewall or mail filter isn't stopping the alert.  

0 Kudos
Level 8

Other mail alerts, including the out of the box one I copied are all sending emails through the same SMTP server which is the default one.

I'll maybe reboot the server when I get a chance.

0 Kudos
Level 12

I've seen this a while back.  Reboot the primary polling engine.  OR at least restart the "Solawinds Alerting Service V2", and "Solarwinds Information Service V3"

0 Kudos
Level 12

When you copy an alert, it's disabled by default.  Check to make sure it's enabled.

0 Kudos