cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 19

New Universal Poller for Monitoring Cisco CBWFQ bandwidth utilization

Thanks to  efscommguy for posting a great new universal poller. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Level 7

Hey, is there a way to assign the correct interface and map-class via this poller, I don't see any support on this UP, I know you can retrieve the interface and class-map info via snmp.

tks

HM

0 Kudos

Have you tried creating your own UnDP to gather what you are specifically looking for?

0 Kudos

I'm basically new to this UnDP stuff, however is there a dev guide or white paper available I could read over, I was actually sent this UnDP by a SW support tech, and he only knew how to install the poller.

I have some developer background, so if I could get some documentation I'm sure I could make it work.

Thanks for your response.

HM

0 Kudos

No worries, he is an online tutorial on many things, including UnDP.  Do you think that UnDP will do what you want?  If so, this thread would be useful on how to apply - 

Let me know if this helps

0 Kudos

Well I have the UnDP installed and it graphs the cbwfq oid's, however it doesn't label the interfaces that is uses, it uses what the snmpget returns 2347.3115, [CBQoS code]. so you would have to know that 2347 is ATM4/0.250, and 3115 is class EF.

Make Sense?

0 Kudos

I have attached a jpeg showing how this UnDP labels in SolarWinds, as you will see, you would need a spreadsheet to keep up with what code is what interface and what code is what class.

SHM

0 Kudos

I think this use case is going to be tough to accomplish because the relevant data is spread across multiple tables and require joins across those tables, which at this time the UnDP does not support.

0 Kudos

How soon before it supports joining data across multiple tables?  I have 3 critical use cases for this functionality that are quickly pushing me towards different tools.

0 Kudos

I don't think these guys have the skill set to make this work, I would probably look for another tool to perform this...  😉

SHM

0 Kudos

The reason we didn't support this in the UnDP out of the gate is that it greatly increases the complexity of the tool.  We expect to support the table-join scenario in the future, but it needs to be designed so that it doesn't make the UnDP too complicated for the much more common single-table case.

0 Kudos

I just wanted to check and see if there is anything new with this?  I could also really use this functionality, other option is Cacti, but I really don't want to go down that road unless I have to.

0 Kudos

CBQoS is in the NetFlow package they sell called NTA. Check out this link http://www.solarwinds.com/products/orion/nta/network_performance_views.aspx.

I just wish it was a standard part of Orion NPM, seems to me it belongs there instead of with netflow but I understand it as well, netflow requires all the joins in the data where NPM doesn't, but boy do I wish I had it here, I could throw away my NMIS server then.

0 Kudos