cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 8

New SolarWinds Admin Issues

I just started a new job and am taking over the administration of SolarWinds. I've never admin'd SolarWinds so I'm trying to dig into everything and get things running smoothly. I've found a lot of errors so far but not ways to fix them. The current issue I'm working on is some errors I've found inside of the Collector.Service.Log. I've attached the log (which is constantly updating) mainly with the below text. Any help is appreciated.

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)

at SolarWinds.Orion.Core.Collector.Node.Preprocessors.NodeUptimeResultPreprocessor.Process(PollerAssignment poller, PropertyBag bag, IDataProcessingContext context, NodeUptimeResult result)

at SolarWinds.Orion.Collector.Plugins.Pollers.PollersResultPreProcessingStage.ProcessJobResult(PropertyBag bag, IDataProcessingContext context)

2019-07-09 04:21:57,986 [STP ProcessingPipeLine Thread #208718] ERROR DataPreProcessing - Processing result: PollerResultWrapper: PollerType=N.Uptime.SNMP.Generic, NetObject=N:1688 ErrorCode=791A, ErrorMessage=Error 31002 - Invalid OID-1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0-ValueType-OID_TYPE_NOSUCHOBJECT

2019-07-09 04:21:58,986 [STP ProcessingPipeLine Thread #208718] ERROR DataPreProcessing - Processing result: PollerResultWrapper: PollerType=N.Uptime.SNMP.Generic, NetObject=N:1689 ErrorCode=791A, ErrorMessage=Error 31002 - Invalid OID-1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0-ValueType-OID_TYPE_NOSUCHOBJECT

2019-07-09 04:22:41,720 [STP ProcessingPipeLine Thread #208719] ERROR DataPreProcessing - Processing result: PollerResultWrapper: PollerType=N.Uptime.SNMP.Generic, NetObject=N:32 ErrorCode=791A, ErrorMessage=Error 31002 - Invalid OID-1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0-ValueType-OID_TYPE_NOSUCHOBJECT

2019-07-09 04:23:08,736 [STP ProcessingPipeLine Thread #208735] ERROR DataPreProcessing - Unhandled exception in data processing: PollerResultWrapper: PollerType=N.Uptime.WMI.XP, NetObject=N:1.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Level 12

I would recommend opening a case with support. They're usually pretty helpful. SolarWinds Contact Us 

0 Kudos

I've got one open as of yesterday morning, but I haven't heard back yet on it. I'd push on it more to get answered, but I've been working out other issues I've found.

0 Kudos
Level 10

that OID is refering to "sysUpTimeInstance" : OID repository - 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0 = {iso(1) identified-organization(3) dod(6) internet(1) mgmt(2) m...

Just check if the node with ID 1688 is monitored via SNMP ; it could be a windows server that was initialy monitored via SNMP and it was moved to WMI.

Also it can happen that certain network devices actualy dont have the system uptime available .

I have verified that the node in question is being mointored via SNMPv2c. It is a Meraki MX64 Cloud Managed Router, so no issues about the WMI.

Seems like that device doesn't support the OID, or is not allowing you to poll it at least.  You could verify by running an SNMP Walk against the router and see if you get a result back for that OID.  Meraki SNMP coverage is pretty weird in terms of which OIDS they do and don't have.

- Marc Netterfield, Github
Level 9

Hi cs2968-

Mainly SolarWinds Collector Services is responsible for polling data processing and requests. Prepares data for the persistence storage.

And from above errors i can see that few devices are not able to respond to few OID's.

So check if they are really important to monitor(like by configuring a report for all parameters) else you can ignore them.

Regards

Vijay Karthik

0 Kudos

How would I go about ignoring them? Can I remove them from checking in on just this OID or would I have to completely unmonitor them? I'm not even sure how to tell from this what device it is.

0 Kudos