This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

New Report Error On Additional Webserver

I created a new report on the poller using Report Writer and copied it to my separate web server, but I get the following error when I click on it to view it:

System.ApplicationException: Field not specified or invalid at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.C1QueryWrapper.BuildSQL() at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.OrionReport.BuildQuery(IC1QueryProxy c1host, String orderBy, String grouping, String filter) at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.OrionReport.BuildQuery(String orderBy, String grouping, String filter) at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.ReportRunner.WorkerProc()

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

Swack

• Swack,

I have the same issue.

Did you find a resolution to this issue?

Thanks,

Bill

• So you copied the report definitions to the additional web server correct?  Did you also sync the custom properties?

This is because the Report schemas are updated automatically when you add a custom property - you can also update them manually if you wish as follows: 
    Open the Custom Property Editor tool 
    Right click on a blank grey area of the Toolbar, and go to ‘Customize..’ 
    Click the Commands tab 
    Under the “Commands” section, scroll down and find the “Update Report Schemas” button. Drag this to your Toolbar and click on it. 

• Hi guys, I get the

System.ApplicationException: Field not specified or invalid at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.C1QueryWrapper.BuildSQL() at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.OrionReport.BuildQuery(String orderBy, String grouping, String filter) at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.ReportRunner.WorkerProc()

error too.

I RDP’d to my primary polling engine & did the “UpdateReport Schemas” thing and received a “Custom Properties have been added to all Report Schemas.” popup message, but it didn’t mend the report for when it’s viewed from my additional web server. The report still works fine when previewed in Report Writer or browsed from the primary engine.

SolarWinds Orion Core 2010.1.0 SP1, APM 3.1.0, IPSLAMGR 3.1, NPM 10.0.0 SP1, NTA 3.5.0.0, NCM 5.5.1
  • I did the "Update Report Schemas" and the problem didn't get resolved as well.. Are there other troubleshooting options?  Thanks Chad

• I have also experienced this problem, this problem only started since I upgraded to 10.1.1.

• So you copied the report definitions to the additional web server correct?  Did you also sync the custom properties?

This is because the Report schemas are updated automatically when you add a custom property - you can also update them manually if you wish as follows: 
    Open the Custom Property Editor tool 
    Right click on a blank grey area of the Toolbar, and go to ‘Customize..’ 
    Click the Commands tab 
    Under the “Commands” section, scroll down and find the “Update Report Schemas” button. Drag this to your Toolbar and click on it. 

Brandon

This did not resolve the issue.

• There are a couple of files that need to be copied over to the additional webserver when you have this failure on your reports leveraging Custom Properties:

• CustomPropertyEditor.trace
    • OrionReportWriter.cfg
    • OrionReportWriter.schema

This copies over the new custom properties updates your reports are using in order for the web view report to work..

This will work if your reports work through the original webserver and not from the additional webserver.

• You do have to manually take action to let additional webservers know about new custom property definitions. You can either copy the OrionReportWriter.cfg/.schema files manually or run Custom Property Editor on each additional webserver and invoke the “Update Report Schemas” command in the menu bar.
    CustomPropertyEditor.trace is just a log file. There’s no need to copy that.

• Brandon

This did not resolve my problem, I am still getting the following error...

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\VIM-OrionReportWriter.cfg'. File name: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\VIM-OrionReportWriter.cfg' at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize) at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials) at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn) at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(String inputUri, XmlReaderSettings settings, XmlParserContext inputContext) at System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(String inputUri, XmlReaderSettings settings) at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options) at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri) at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.OrionReportConfiguration.Load(String[] filenames) at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.OrionReport.BuildQuery(String orderBy, String grouping, String filter) at SolarWinds.Orion.Web.Reporting.ReportRunner.WorkerProc()