This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NetworkAtlas Maps not updating in Orion

I have made several updates to my maps using NetworkAtlas.  But when I open these maps from the Orion NPM, it is showing the old versions.  How do I force the changed maps to publish to Orion?

• I have this same issue. Prior to upgrading Orion to 2017.1, I had no issues updating my maps. Now that I've updated, my changes aren't being applied to the maps. I've even downloaded and installed the latest Network Atlas from the console.

• Hi there

Are you using network atlas on the server where Orion is installed or the client ?  If its on a client, what happens if you update it from within the server as Network Atlas should be installed there ? It pulls the data from the database so when you save it - should save back again, I presume you have saved the map ?

I presume also you have permissions ?

• I contacted support and was able to remedy my situation (mostly). It's basically a buggy map engine on the Webserver. Here's the info I was given:

• Shutdown Solarwinds services.
    • On the server, download and install this hot fix: http://downloads.solarwinds.com/solarwinds/Release/HotFix/Orion-NetworkAtlas-v1.16-HotFix1.zip
    • Check the file version of c:\inetpub\solarwinds\bin\solarwinds.mapengine.dll. If this file is version 1.16.0.20 then do the following:
      • Copy these files from "C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\Network Atlas" to "C:\inetpub\SolarWinds\bin", overwriting the destination files.>
        • solarwinds.mapengine.dll
        • solarwinds.mapstudio.common.dll
        • solarwinds.mapstudio.strings.dll
        • solarwinds.mapstudio.web.dll
    • Restart Solarwinds services.

This will fix the website to show the correct maps. However, the problem I continue to have is that when I launch Network Atlas and connect to our Solarwinds server, it complains that it's an older version and wants me to update but the download on the Solarwinds server is the same version as I'm using (1.16.0.20). It doesn't appear to actually impact anything as I can still edit and save maps with this version but it does annoy me to update every time.

• I tried running Network Atlas on both the server and a workstation.  The account I am using has full admin access to everything and I saved the maps several times trying to get it to work.

• That seems to have done the trick.  Funny thing is that I had already installed the hotfix, I just didn't know about moving the dlls from Program Files to inetpub.  I'm not getting the warning to update my Network Atlas, but my Network Atlas is v1.16.039.  What versions of the products are listed on the bottom of your NPM page?

Here's mine:  Orion Platform 2017.1.1 SP1, CloudMonitoring 1.0.0, NPM 12.1, DPAIM 11.0.0, QoE 2.3, VIM 7.1.0, SAM 6.4.0, NetPath 1.1.0

• How did you upgrade your client to the latest version of Network Atlas? I've asked support and haven't heard back yet.

I'm running the following products: Orion Platform 2017.1, IPAM 4.3.2, VIM 7.1.0, NetPath 1.1.0, DPAIM 11.0.0, NPM 12.1, QoE 2.3, CloudMonitoring 1.0.0, SAM 6.4.0, NTA 4.2.2, Toolset 11.0.6

• I didn't have to upgrade my Network Atlas, it was already on that version.  Not sure how I got that version if you're getting an older one.

• I tried to run the Hotfix and it said I didn't have the correct version.  I have 1.16.0.20 and just installed NPM HF1 and Core HF3.  Not sure why some people are showing 1.16.0.39.

gravtech​ what version are you on?

• I haven't installed the hotfix yet and am having the original issue from this thread. As a quick workaround until any hotfixes or upgrades are applied, you can simply follow these steps -

• Rename the updated map in Network Atlas
    • Open the renamed map, select all and copy to the clipboard
    • Create a new map and paste
    • Save the new map using the original name
    • Edit any custom map resources that contain the affected map and select the new map
    • Delete the original map
  • It looks like the Orion and NPM hotfixes must have contained the Network Atlas Hotfix as 1.16 (B41) is showing on the view updates screen.  My application still shows 1.16.0.20, but the DLLs are all 1.16.0.41. To those who have updated with the actual hotfix, does the version of the application change too or just the DLLs?