This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Network Sonar bulk select "Changed, new Interfaces" access ports to "Ignore"

I found one post regarding this issue from 2011, with a "work-around" solution of using a JavaScript (message/154547#154547) that was hosted on a now parked domain.

Same question, How can I Bulk Select all the "Changed" nodes (Access ports) to "Add to the Ignore List"?

One thing that I did try is importing the device node, and the interfaces that we want to monitor, then on the next discovery, selecting the device node to "Ignore". Unfortunately, this will ignore the entire node, so any changes that I DO want will not be found...

Other than manually selecting EVERY "new Interface" for EVERY node, how can I bulk add all the Access-ports to the Ignore list?

• From my Tech Support case, this "Feature Request has not been built in yet (from 2011), so they do not have any "fix". I DID, however, find a way to BULK IGNORE in a few dozen mouse clicks, versus thousands of individual Interface selections. Here is the process:

BULK "Add to the Ignore List" Process:

Start from Network Sonar, Scheduled Discovery Results,

Step 1: Select the Nodes that have "xx new Interface(s)" you wish to Ignore

Step 2: Select "Import Nodes" (I know, counter-intuative, but this is the process)

Step 3: Select "Next" (Device Types to Import, should list the Nodes you selected earlier)

Step 4: Select ALL INTERFACES in the "List of Interfaces" box, Select "Next"

Step 5: Select "Next" for Volumes and Applications phases

Step 6: Click on the "IGNORE" button at the bottom of "Import Preview"

(There is now NOTHING left to select).

Step 7: Click "Import" to finish the import process, then Click "Finish"

Step 8: Select the "Discovery Ignore List" tab, the Nodes from above should be at the bottom of the list

(There should be a Selection Box to the left of each Node, and an expansion "+" to the right of the Node)

Step 9: Expand the Interface "+", Select the Check Box on ALL the "Node" boxes, and any Interfaces you wish to pull out of the "Ignore List"

Step 10: Click on the "Remove from Ignore List" button

Step 11: Select "Scheduled Discovery Results" again

Step 12: Locate the Nodes that were removed from the "Ignore List"

(They should have only a few "new interface(s)" now)

Step 13: Select the Node boxes to the left of the Node name, Select "Import Nodes"

Step 14: "Next" (Device type to Import), assure the "List of Interfaces" has ALL of these "Selected", Click "Next", "Next", "Next" (to the "Import Preview" screen)

Step 15: Select "Import", then Select "Finish"

Your Nodes have now "Ignored" all Unwanted interfaces, and Monitoring the remainder.