cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Network Link Status

Hello,

At present we are running NPM 9.5. I have used the Network Atlas to generate a map of one of our networks. Incidently this network has had some recent failures and I so I am able to see what the map would look like with a genuine failure situation.

I have tried to search for a sollution to my issue, but have not been successful.

The issue is basically that we want any "down" reason to give a red Network Link. Even if a router interface is administratively down we want that to make the link red, NOT green as it is today. This is just so the guys/gals monitoring this 24/7 can get a quick overview. Even of the currently downed links, especially in case of manual reroutes etc. 

Do any of you know if there are any sollutions to this? Currently I have set the link status to be sensed on both end interfaces.

Regards

Ole Andre

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Product Manager
Product Manager

We have an enhancement in the system to make this better in a future version

0 Kudos

Good to hear, however, do you have any kind of work around I could try in the meantime?

Technical support suggested using the Universal Poller and check the SNMP OID for the interface status. While I have gotten this to work, I am a bit unsure of how to make the link respond to the polls..

Regards

Ole Andre

0 Kudos

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is you can use map variables, but that would be based on the interface and not the link itself.

0 Kudos

Brandon, did this make 10?  if not, where does this fall on the roadmap?
I'd be looking for changes in color on the link line for the different status options...

see attached.

thanks much!

0 Kudos

Hi folks

Any update on this? I'm running the latest V10 with the service pack and all my links that are administratively shut down are still shown as green on all my maps. Quite annoying.

Regards

Fredrik

0 Kudos