This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Network Discovery / Inventory

I have two challenges that I'm trying to solve.

When I originally did my network discovery I had approximately 60 subnets organized on my server.  They suddenly disappeared and I believe the problem is the same as in the link below.

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/t5/NPM-Discussions/Network-Sonar-Discovery-list-missing-subnets-and-schedules-after/m-p/290789/highlight/false#M90534

So my first challenge is how to keep my subnets for future reuse.  There was no solution in the thread.

My second challenge is keeping inventory up to date.  When we scan certain subnets there are nodes that need to NOT be monitored.  However, if I re-use a subnet for a scheduled scan, I believe those nodes on that subnet which should not be monitored will be added in again, correct?  I need to have a way to re-use the subnets without constantly adding unneeded nodes back into monitoring.  Any ideas are appreciated.

TIA