This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Network Discovery Enhancement

Hello! I was asked to submit this feature request/enhancement here per SW's support case: 00572380.

We assumed that if the solar winds agent, WMI, or SNMP credentials were not on a host it would get added automatically as a node using ICMP.

Per support that is not supported today. We assumed we were missing hosts on our network discoveries and now we know why.

Please enhance the discovery process to pick up any host and add it to the Orion system using ICMP as a last resort, if the above criteria is not met.

Rick

• I think maybe there was a miscommunication on your case, there is already a check box in the discovery setup for adding ICMP only nodes.

• I think the "added automatically" part may be where the gap is. , are you talking about nodes already in NPM or nodes that have not yet been discovered? Either way, like Marc said, you'll need to specify "ICMP" as the polling method. Also, at the risk of wearing my Captain Obvious hat for the day, ICMP polling will only get basic connectivity stats such as availability and latency. It will not gather detailed hardware or software stats that SNMP and WMI can pull.