cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Network Atlas just says connecting and never opens

Hi Guys,

Network Atlas is simply saying connecting.  It never actually connects.  Everything else works great.  I have rebooted the server, reinstalled Network Atlas.  Has anyone ever encountered this before?

18 Replies
Level 8

I am also experiencing this. I've tried both using IP-address and FQDN.

What i have noticed is that it almost always seem to get stuck if i perform any input, like moving the mouse pointer or keyboard press, after clicking "Connect" it gets stucked on either connecting... or reading data...

if not making any input at all, it launches ok like 99/100..

Now i just upgraded Network Atlas to v 1.16.39.0.. hopefully works better.

0 Kudos

I Had the same issue, but I was connecting in by IP address. When I changed to the host name in the Address box, I was was able to connect successfully. My issue was due to bad dns enteries.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Just experienced this problem on a 8 month old v12 installation.  Running Atlas as Administrator sorted it for me, but has been working fine until today.

Smells like a .net related Windows patch to me...

0 Kudos

I'm getting the same. I was working fine this morning (7 Mar 17) and now I can't get back in.

0 Kudos

Still have mixed success with this resolution.

Even tried this from Network Atlas Stuck/Hung..... waiting for connection , with mixed results.

SELECT TOP 10 InterfaceID, nodeid, InterfaceName, PollInterval

FROM [dbo].[Interfaces]

where pollinterval =0

0 Kudos
Level 9

Try to run Network Atlas with Administrator rights.

It solved the problem for me

This worked for me. Same symptoms as everyone else here...thank you!

0 Kudos
Level 7

Are you using an alias hostname to connect to the server?

For me it was stuck at connecting, but when I used the proper fqdn it worked fine.

Might have to do with the settings on database manager.

0 Kudos
Level 8

We have the same problem since 12.0.  We have opened a support case but we have any response until now. If you execute Network Atlas into NPM server, normally runs OK. In remote desktop go to "Reading data" and don´t end.

0 Kudos

Is your database remote to network atlas or are they both on the same server ? Remotely its always going to be slower, due to all the data it pulls, I always use it on the applications server (our database is on a cluster on a server vlan)

0 Kudos

The database is in separate server. The problem to run Network Atlas in application server is that only one man can work,  the rest of people is waiting.

If we use remote clients, we have more paralell tasks drawing maps.

0 Kudos

We found that after a move to Server 2012 for the Orion servers and boosting the Memory on our SQL server, Atlas now opens a lot faster.

It apart from that nothing had changed on our infrastructure prior.

0 Kudos
Level 12

Try running the config wizard again that is on the Orion server see if that helps.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Same here, I'm unable to remotely connect with Network Atlas on 12, and local connections it works about half the time. I reinstalled the local and remote copies of Atlas with the newest version. TCP connectivity is good. Just trying to pull up a map is enough to lock up the local install at the moment.

0 Kudos
Level 9

I have the same issue too.

Did you upgrade to NPM12 by chance?

I am running Atlas 1.15.287 and remote server/desktop or local to the Orion install i just get nothing but "connecting"...

Any ideas anyone?

0 Kudos

Yeah, we are on NPM12.

Mine just started working, I didn't change anything, it just started to function correctly.  Unfortunately, i cant help you figure it out .

0 Kudos

Would you believe it, just went to Atlas today in preparation to log a support call and it worked.

After some testing I found that if you open Atlas but when it starts to go to "Reading Data", force close it via task manager and re-open it again and 9/10 attempts that seems to work.

I still think it might be an issue for Support to look at so if I get time I'll log it and see what happens.

Thanks

Same issue. Only started to happen after upgrade to 12.0. Appears to be an issue with Network Atlas. I installed v1.14.42 from the NPM 11.5.3 release and haven't had any issues since. So hoping the get figured out by next hotfix/release.

0 Kudos