This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Netbotz Custom Poll Alerts

Looking for some help here.  I have several Netbotz units I'd like to set up alerts for.

Specifically looking to set an alert to poll tempSensorValueIntF and report values over 85 degrees.

I've done some digging on the custompoller values and do not see an easy way to complete this request.

Bonus would be to have the advanced alerts set to variables reporting the device name and temperature.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Hi. I just tried to poll a NetBotz 550 with that OID and it comes back as unsupported. I assume that's the same problem you're having. I noticed that OID is part of NetBotz v2 MIB. I googled and there is a v4 NetBotz MIB. Anyway, you might want to do a SNMP walk and just see what comes back from the device.

What you are trying to do is definitely do-able with the UnDP.

I did a little further research, and the 550 series does support NetBotz v2 MIB, just that not that specific OID. What problem exactly are you having, or where in the process are you getting hung up?

Romeo

• To be more specific, I’m looking to set up alerts on temperature thresholds using the following:

I can’t seem to find a poller in the alerting which will allow me to.

Thanks much,

Jason M Macek

Network Administration

Information Technology

Mesirow Financial

353 North Clark

Chicago, IL 60654

v 312-595-6939

e jmacek@mesirowfinancial.com

• Ahhh, OK. I gotcha.

Ya, alerting on custom pollers took me a bit to figure out, too. The part I was missing was the "Type of Property to Monitor" pulldown on the Trigger condition tab in the Advanced Alert Manager has to be Custom Node Poller. Then, your filter needs to filter for that poller. I usually do it by Poller Name is equal to "Poller_name".

Hope this helps.

Romeo