cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

NetPath Error Generating Graph

Jump to solution

Since upgrading to NPM version 12.1, anytime I open any of my NetPath instances I get the error message:

SW Error Generating Graph NetPath.JPG

I've restarted Orion services and restarted the server, and neither fixed the issue. Has anyone else seen this issue and resolved it?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Ok, anyway SolarWinds support case helped to figure out this one and solve it as a work around since it is a known bug which they are tracking.

Work around:

C:\inetpub\SolarWinds\ui\modules\netpath\js\netpath.js    ---> Edit this file in notepad (use notepad search to find "15000" and replace it with 40000)

Change timeout: 15000 to 40000

C:\inetpub\SolarWinds\ui\modules\netpath\js\netpath.min     ---> Edit this file in notepad (use notepad search to find "15e3 and replace it with 40e3)

Change timeout:15e3 to 40e3

Need to reset IIS

open Command line as admin and type "iisreset"

After that check in Netpath and graph will appear, the WebAPi error will no more come.

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Level 8

@dmvrtisjr

I had the same problem and i followed your steps and now the issue is resolved

Thank you so much for your kind post

0 Kudos
Level 8

Just to add another +1 to this statistic - I have just resolved this issue with the instructions here - thanks for posting them dmvrtisjr

0 Kudos
Level 9

I had the same problem and this resolved it. Now if they could do the same with the 12.1 memory leak problem I would have a good working system again.

0 Kudos

tcount

The Orion 2017.1 Hotfix 2 Just dropped today that should resolve that Memory leak issue.

* SWIS memory leak from the QueryExecutionContextExtensions.Extensions cache.

http://downloads.solarwinds.com/solarwinds/Release/HotFix/OrionPlatform-v2017.1.5300-MSP-HotFix2.zip

0 Kudos

Ok, anyway SolarWinds support case helped to figure out this one and solve it as a work around since it is a known bug which they are tracking.

Work around:

C:\inetpub\SolarWinds\ui\modules\netpath\js\netpath.js    ---> Edit this file in notepad (use notepad search to find "15000" and replace it with 40000)

Change timeout: 15000 to 40000

C:\inetpub\SolarWinds\ui\modules\netpath\js\netpath.min     ---> Edit this file in notepad (use notepad search to find "15e3 and replace it with 40e3)

Change timeout:15e3 to 40e3

Need to reset IIS

open Command line as admin and type "iisreset"

After that check in Netpath and graph will appear, the WebAPi error will no more come.

View solution in original post

I thought I was on to something here but the 15e3 value doesn't exist in my netpath.min file and just changing the 15000 in the netpath.js file didn't resolve the issue, any ideas?

0 Kudos

Kudos -- thanks for the share! I had the same issue and this fixed it.

0 Kudos

Got same issue, workaround worked for me too. Thanks

0 Kudos

abdulraheemsidz​ Thank you very much for posting your solution!!! This worked great for me and my NetPath is now back up and kicking.

0 Kudos

Glad to know that.

0 Kudos
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hi,

You could try the following steps,Unable to load Netpath - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Support

if this does not resolve it i would suggest opening a support ticket for this issue.

0 Kudos

I may end up opening a support ticket as that did not resolve the issue. Something I didn't notice before my initial post is that at the top right of the page on the NetPath page, it also says "WebApi Error, Status" and has a picture of a stop sign. Don't know if this signifies a larger issue...

0 Kudos

dmvrtisjr​ were you able to get through this issue, or we need to open a support case for this same problem.

0 Kudos

abdulraheemsidz​ I was not able to get this resolved. To be honest, I haven't really had a chance to get back to this issue as I don't use NetPath too frequently and my priorities have shifted to a different project for the time being. If I figure something out I'll be sure to post it here!

0 Kudos

Dave, the below fix of editing the 2 files fixed our issue. FYSA

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, SolarWinds case has sorted it out. posted the workaround you can mark it as answered.

0 Kudos

Thank you. I'm giving it a shot and will post the results!

0 Kudos