This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

.Net Runtime 2.0 Error SwJobSchedulerSVC Related.

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hey all, I have an interesting problem that just started occuring recently. About 3 days ago, .Net Runtime started throwing messages relating to the following:

Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting

EventType clr20r3, P1 swjobschedulersvc.exe, P2 1.1.0.234, P3 486141fd,
P4 system.data.sqlserverce, P5 9.0.242.0, P6 458ab5e5, P7 ae, P8 10f,
P9 system.data.sqlserverce.sqlce, P10 NIL.

What appears to happen, is that either this problem... or a related problem kicks of dw20.exe and dw20.exe writes a 100 meg tmp file to c:\documents and settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temp. These tmp files continue to accumulate until the entire hard disk is consumed. I have managed to stop the bleeding by turning off Program Error Reporting out of the System Properties Advanced Tab, however I am still seeing an abundance of event log errors that look like they are all related to swjobschedulersvc.exe.

Here are examples of accompanying errors:

Source: VsJITDebugger

An unhandled exception ('System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException')
occurred in SWJobSchedulerSvc.exe [3524]. Just-In-Time debugging
this exception failed with the following error: Debugger could not be
started because no user is logged on.

Check the documentation index for 'Just-in-time debugging, errors'
for more information.

Source: SWJobSchedulerSvc

Service started successfully.

The first 2 errors occur within 3 seconds of each other in that order and then the SWJobSchedulerSvc attempts to start 3 minutes later. Any help or direction would be most appreciated.

• I'm having the same issue on NPM 9.5 SP3.

Below is the error within Event Viewer -> App.

Source:  .NET Runtime 2.0 Error

EventType clr20r3, P1 swjobschedulersvc.exe, P2 1.3.0.143, P3 49dfbdf0, P4 swjobschedulersvc, P5 1.3.0.143, P6 49dfbdf0, P7 1, P8 3a, P9 system.io.filenotfoundexception, P10 NIL.

• This user reported this in 2008 and I have not heard of any other reports, so best bet is to open a support ticket

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to bshopp

Just to follow up, we are experiencing the same issue now with SP3 and we are currently working on a open ticket with Orion. We've just recently done the sp3 upgrade.

• Fix was found for NPM 9.5 SP3.

SQL Server Compact is needed for JobScheduler to work, version 3.5 SP1.

You can also find the installer of this on Solarwinds server in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SolarWinds\Installers\SSCERuntime-ENU-x86.msi

I installed this .msi and now my Job Scheduler service is running in a stable and constant condition.