Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Needing help to setup a simple Perfstack graph from a custom poller

Jump to solution

Hi,

We updated the firmware of our Sophos Firewall and the snmp value for Live Users changed and the Perfstack widget graph sopped to work.

I am trying to create a custom poller with the MIB 1.3.6.1.4.1.2604.5.1.2.6 (sfosLiveUsersCount). I have tested it and it return the current number of open sessions.

I created the poller and assigned to the node.

OrionPoller.png

The gauge and the graph are displayed on the details page of the node, but it is not available to insert into a Perfstack widget. I would like to add the widget on our main summary page liek we did with the Cisco ASA firewall.

SummaryOrionSummary.png

What do am I missing to be able the add the plotted puller into Perfstack.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MVP
MVP

I've seen this with custom pollers. It looks like the Performance Analysis project only accepts custom device pollers that have the type set to Rate. If you change it to rate, you should then be able chart it in Perfstack (or at least values from that point on).

I'm not sure of the implications of changing the poller from Raw Value to Rate though.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MVP
MVP

I've seen this with custom pollers. It looks like the Performance Analysis project only accepts custom device pollers that have the type set to Rate. If you change it to rate, you should then be able chart it in Perfstack (or at least values from that point on).

I'm not sure of the implications of changing the poller from Raw Value to Rate though.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Changing to Rate and Set Unit to Integer and Time frame to None did work.

sbourgeo93_0-1600280516677.png

Thanks for your help.