This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Need to create Event report for Neighbor down

I can create a report for existing neighbors, but how do I make one that will show how many neighbor down events happen in a 7 day period?  I would like to run it on a group of routers if possible.

• Sorry, I am sat on a train so cannot look into the specifics, but in essence you will need to create a custom SWQL or SQL report using the COUNT function to give you this information. Again without being able to look at the DB structure I cannot be sure but usually you would do the count on the unique key (ID) column where each Neighbour change event is recorded.

GL

• What neighbors are you referring to specifically ?

• OSPF/BGP routing neighbors.  I can get a report on all current active neighbors, but what I need are all the events that occurred over time of neighbors dropping for SLA reasons.

• Give this a try....

(I don't have ospf monitoring so not sure if this will work for ospf, but should work for bgp. You can always add the ospf part to my query, or I can help you write that query if you'd like. Would just need to see a bit of your data to mod the query below)

Select Events.EventTime AS Time,Nodes.Caption AS 'Device Name',Nodes.IP_Address,Events.Message

From Events

INNER Join Nodes

ON Events.NetworkNode = Nodes.NodeID

Where (Message LIKE '%Neighbor%' AND Message LIKE '%down%') AND

(EventType = '5000' AND EventTime > DATEADD (DAY,-7,GETDATE()))

Order by EventTime DESC

• That worked for SQL, but I will need a simplified output for their weekly meetings.  I ran it in the Solarwinds Database manager, how do I export the query then?

• There are a few ways to go about this, this is what I would do. Many ways to peel this apple, if you're looking for something a bit more asthetic it can be done. Just give me the version of NPM you have to make sure everything I provide works on your side.

Step 1. Navigate to SolarwindsOrion Alerting, Reporting and Mapping > Report Writer

Step 2. File > New Report > Advance SQL

Step 4. Paste the SQL query under SQL, Name the 'Report Group and Report Title'

Step 5. Save the report

Step 6. Navigate to the Admin page in Solarwinds

Step 7. Selet 'Manage Reports' and select 'Schedule Manager'

Step 8. Create New Schedule, name your report and select 'Asign Report'

Step 9. Look for your newly created report and assign. (If the report doesn't show here, make sure that in report writer you have 'Make this report available from the Orion website checked)

Step 10. Set your frequency and proceed

Step 11. Select 'Add Action' > email > configure action (Enter the info required to proceed)

Step 11. Select 'Create Schedule'

(To test your report you should "run now" from the schedule manager.)

• Absolutely ​Perfect​ !!!  This is exactly what I was looking for. 1000 Internet awards to you!

• Can you share the same for EIGRP also as swql query.