This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Need a large map for our help desk displays

Hello.

I am in need of a large scale map that shows US & Canada that can be scaled to a 100 inch screen.  The default install maps, although nice, just do not scale up from the current size- they dither and look bad on a large screeen display for our help desk.  Heck, it might be our display on the fritz, but I doubt it.  The HPOV map looks fine since it is not forced to be on a web console.

Will the North America solarwinds map be made to be larger than 653x597

What are other folks using?

• Have you looked at the additional images for maps in the additional component section of the customer portal?

• I don't think we ship with a default high-res map background. It would be nice if the map scaled to its full size when you click on that resource. I'll enter both as a feature requests. People seem to be moving to huge screens and tiny screens (iphones), we should accommodate both.

In the meantime, you could do the following as a work around:

- Find a map background that you like, that is the right size for your 100 inch monitor. You can do a google image search for 'North America map'. Knowing the screen's resolution may help you find a map background that is the right size.

- Save the map to the same computer where you use Network Atlas/Map Maker

- Select this new map as your map background

- Create a new View with a single column in Admin > Manage Views (make the column as wide as your 100inch monitor's resolution). Add a single Network Map resource to this column. Call this new view something like 'huge map'.

- Preview this new view and copy the URL

- Go to Admin > Customize Menu Bars and add a new menu item (huge map) by pasting the view's URL. Add this huge map item to the menu bar.

Now, 'huge map' should show up in the menu bar and when you click on it, you should have a map that takes advantage of your nice big monitor.

• Where is the customer portal?  And I am definitely going to try the above workaround.  Wish me luck.