cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 13

${Name} removal from alert?!?

Jump to solution

I made a custom alert for a new setup. I have some small custom fields that tells me a little about the machine, as described, but when I go to test it, I get the following. 

Is it because it's a custom field?  If it is how can I remove ${Name} from the alert?

pastedImage_0.png

Here is the HTML code I used.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 13

I managed to fix it.  There were some old scraps of bad script.  I removed these and replaced them and it all works as intended.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 13

I managed to fix it.  There were some old scraps of bad script.  I removed these and replaced them and it all works as intended.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 11

When creating email actions and using alerting variables, they can come back in the actual email as just the variable instead of pulling the information.  This can happen when that node has no available data to pull for that specific variable. To remove variables email trigger actions, you'll need to go to Alerts > Manage Alerts > find and Edit the desired alert > and navigate to the Trigger Actions page.  Look for the Send Email action and click Edit.

Out of the box alerts come preconfigured with some variables that may not actually apply to what you're trying to alert about so it's a good idea to edit Alerts and customize them to provide more useful data. 

Get to Edit Alert Trigger Action.png

Try this and let me know how it turns out.

Alert Trigger Action Email Body:

ALERT:

${N=SwisEntity;M=Caption} IP Address: ${N=SwisEntity;M=IP_Address} is ${Status}.

DNS by ${N=SwisEntity;M=DNS}.

Is there a Dynamic IP assigned to this node? ${N=SwisEntity;M=DynamicIP}.

Node Details Here: ${NodeDetailsURL}

This alert brought to you by Alert named: ${N=Alerting;M=AlertName}.

Tip you can even paste the first sentence of the alert in the subject line. 

It should end up looking like this when simulated.

sample alert.png

Hearts around me.png