This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NW 6.5 volumes

Anyone having issues with Orion 8.0.1 monitoring Novell NW 6.5 volumes? I'm trying to manage a particular NW server that has all the latest 6.5 patches and monitoring is "flaky" at best.

First of all, I'm trying to monitor volumes that are disappearing at random intervals. The alert I thought was appropriate for this only seems to fire off the first time the volume disappears and never sends a reset if the volume comes back. Also if I list resources for this server, it lists new volumes every time I list resources. It's like it is creating a new index# in the DB and flagging these volumes as new ones which might be a symptom of the disappearing volumes issue.

Anyway, is anyone monitoring volumes on a NW 6.5 server and if so, what alarm are you using to make sure they are there? I'm not trying to monitor space, just the existence of it.

And yes, I am working on upgrading from 8.0.1 to 8.1. Thanks all!