cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

NT Pass-thru authentication

I see this became an option in version 6.4 which I have installed but I do not see the option anywhere to enable this feature for the users.

Has anyone else done this?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 7

Hmmm, I may have found a problem. I am not able to set device limitations on user id's any more.

Update: Well if I log out and log in using the log in screen my device limitations work but if I just log in using the pass-thru authentication the limitations dont work. =[
0 Kudos
Level 12

Congrats. I'm going to try it on my server. I hope in the future they make where you don't need the domain as part of the id.

BB
0 Kudos
Level 7

Update: It works great! Yeah, having the domain name in there looks a little funky but it saves me from having a bunch of visitors to my cube when they forget their password.

Thanks again Bryan.

Jay
0 Kudos
Level 7

Thanks! I'm going to give it a shot. If the users could change their own passwords I probably wouldnt care one way or the other but since they cant...

I'll let you know how I make out.
0 Kudos
Level 12

This is the text I got back from support :

"First, you will need to log into your Orion website as Admin. Add the accounts for all the pass through users. If you are using a domain, the account should take the form domain\username. Second, turn off anonymous access for IIS. Whenever the user authenticates to IIS, it will be passed through to Orion. You should set the password for the account, however it does not have to match the System account."

Haven't tried it out yet. I dont't like the idea of having the account being the domain and username.

Good luck.

BB
0 Kudos