This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM12 EDIT NODE - causing SNMP v3 to Drop Username

Is anyone else experiencing an issue of SNMP v3 dropping the username when you edit nodes? Or maybe it's the mass edit that I do to change custom properties or add nodes to NCM.....

either way, an edit is done and then I have to go back and edit again to realign the SNMP v3 credentials otherwise the node is UP - but unknown.....

WTH ... about to apply HF3 --- Is anyone else having this issue?

• We are having the exact same issue, it is random also i don't see it every time i edit a node. - Were you ever able to resolve the problem?

• Oh man, I forgot about this one. We were in the middle of a migration to NPM 12.0, and this was happening after installing and after most of the build out was in place. We were having issues with licensing at the time - some expired, and waiting on temp licensing from Sales. Overall, once we got the permanent licensing in place and a re-run of the Configuration Wizard (for another aspect/small issue fix encountered) this problem seemed to go away. 

And then after that, it was a couple of weeks at most when I moved on and was no longer managing that system. So I would have to ask someone else if that issue persisted. If you are running 12.0, w/o HF's I would look into setting up the HF or moving to 12.1 at least.

Sorry I do not have more details than that for you.

• No worries.  This was the only post that i found that was what we are experiencing.  I want to install NPM 12.2 but we are in a change freeze and i am not allowed to do anything! Very frustrating.  Thanks!

• I had seen the same issue before,  but haven't run into again in several months so you can consider that a small data point in favor of it being fixed at some point.