This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM v12 Upgrade Experience

Just thought I would share my experience with upgrading our NPM to v12 from 11.5.2

Once I'd got all the pre-reqisites sorted out and I would really recommend to read the guides for upgrade and use the upgrade anaylser as its helps greatly, the upgrade went very smoothly the new installer is far better than previous installers. Only issue I had was that it required to have .Net v4.5 installed prior to the NPM installer running and this was a bit of a touch and go at times as the progress didn't move and in the end left it for 30 minutes and the installer eventually continued to the pre-requisites check all passed so NPM was installed.

All in all after completing the Orion Hotfix 1, APM and VNQM it took in the region of 3 hours with no errors on any install.

I can definitely recommend the v12 the GUI is just far better and the upgrade is worth doing just for Netpath alone great job Solarwinds.

Jon