This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM repeating audible alerts

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hello guys,

I like the audible alerts executing on the browser, but I need to find a way to configure the alert sound to repeat every so often (2/3 mins).

Unfortunately, I cannot use the "Play sound" & "Repeat this action" in the alert definitions as I need the sound to execute remotely on the browser/client.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

• Hi Thomas,

The audible alerts in the web console are triggered every time the page refreshes, which is configurable. Just go to Admin/Settings -> Web Console Settings and set the page refresh value to the number of minutes you desire. Default is 5 mins, and if there are new alerts once the page refreshes, the audible alarm will be triggered.

Hope that helps :)

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to sirpaw

There's the catch.. "if there are new alerts once the page refreshes". If I have one failed switch, the alert will trigger on the first refresh, but not subsequently, if the switch is still down.

• Hi Thomas,

I see what you mean. Actually I have gone about this problem myself, but it involved  simple batch files, simple perl scripts and a simple html work. An alert creates a batch file (alert action:log alert to a file), and logs the alert in html code on a text file as well. All files are saved on a client desktop which we use to flash alerts on a wide screen in our area. A batch file also runs there which continually checks these files, which will then run a perl script to attach the html code from the text file into an existing html file I have that can play a background sound, and it even blinks emoticons_happy.png The batch file created by the alert will now launch the html repeatedly, until the alert reset. The alert reset action should be that it will create a batch file as well, that will delete the batch file previously created and stop it at its tracks.

This is just a suggestion, and the solutions I detailed can be found on the net, so it's quite easy to set up. emoticons_happy.png What you exactly want however can be a feature request to Solarwinds.