This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM polling rate limit has reached its maximum rate

Looks like we finally hit our limit on current NPM Standard Polling. I take it that I need to run the installer without bundle on another host. Making sure its on the same network and then I can select the new poller to point nodes to? Will it require a new license? I have reached out to our account manager but wanted to leave here to get a Thwackians opinion.

• You have a few options, you can slow down the polling intervals on your existing nodes to get more capacity out of the existing poller, or you can stand up an additional polling engine (list price on them is roughly ~20k these days, but some licenses already include them).

As far as the install goes you can download the file by going to /Orion/Admin/Details/Engines.aspx and following the link near the top of the page that says Download Installer.

It doesn't necessarily have to be on the same network, but it has to have some way to reach your primary application server and the SQL database server over the appropriate ports.